The PERFECT Kids Cooking Lessons Starter Pack! We want to help your kids learn how to cook, and we have just what you need to....
Teach your kids how to cook a meal from start to finish.
Have someone else teach them, because it's just too overwhelming to do it yourself.
Instill good cooking habits and a love for cooking in your children.
With each of these, WE GOT YOU.
Whis-Kid cooking lessons and my children making the meal, as I instruct them in guided videos. Your kids can follow along and do the same in your kitchen.
It totally helps having someone else teach your children. Think no power struggles and diminishing patience. It takes a village, right?! Well, with the help of video technology and the Whis-Kid Student Guidebook, we can be a part of your village.
We will dive into proper food and culinary safety, as well as proper habits for keeping the kitchen clean.
The infectious enthusiasm and positive energy in the teaching videos with Erin and her boys will seep into your kitchen and help your children grow in their culinary skills and abilities.
With Whis-Kid You Get:
1.Introduction with Special Notes for Kids & Adults: I want to make sure that everyone knows the rules and boundaries for Whis-Kid cooking lessons. It's important for me, yourself, and your kids to all be on the same page!
2. Cooking Objectives Lists: I want both adults and kids to clearly see how much they will be learning, and for the kids to feel accomplished in their culinary work.
3. Shopping Lists (4 servings): I recommend that you get all of the ingredients for each set of 5 lessons at once. Your kiddo will learn to cook 5 different meals throughout that week. And when you're ready to move onto the next lessons, the next shopping list is ready for you.
4. Complete Recipes: And by complete, I mean that each recipe page includes cookware lists, cooking objectives, video links, and completion stickers so that your kids will be well equipped and have success with each meal prep experience.
5. “Cook alongside of you” Guided Video Lessons: Erin and her boys recorded all of these lessons for you to work through along side of them. Erin teaches one of her boys (and your kiddo in your kitchen) and walks them through cooking the meal from start to finish. With this approach, your kids can follow along and feel like they’re cooking with friends, and have highest chance of success with their meal prep.
6. Bonus Videos with Erin: Learn more about knife skills and knife safety, as well as other cooking and kitchen safety rules, and an overview of basic cooking terms. These videos are only available to our Whis-Kid friends.
SPECIAL Items for Starter Pack include:
Set of 2 MyFreezEasy bag stands (Needed for a no-spill freezer prep session!)
Set of 4 pinch mitts (Needed for a no-fingers-burned cooking session!)
Kid Friendly Freezer Meal Prep Plan from MyFreezEasy (to get SIX ready-to-cook dinners that will COOK THEMSELVES right outta your freezer!)
You might be wondering...
"But Erin, I can get cooking videos anywhere!"
Yes, but they won't be as fun, informative and "live in the moment" step by step - where I teach my child in my kitchen, while yours follows along in your kitchen. This unique approach will lead to greater success!
"But Erin, seems like a hassle to have to get extra groceries?"
Well, not really - because the shopping lists organized to go through 5 lessons in a week’s time. Just think, that makes up 5 meals for that week and there is no cooking for you for almost a week! Just need to supervise!
"But Erin, this will all just be too expensive!"
The meals in the Whis-Kid lessons are both budget friendly and kid friendly. The shopping lists are well organized so that you can cross check for ingredients you already have and only purchase what else you need to make the meals. (Our shopping list ingredients were less than $50 each week.)
Note: the shopping lists and recipes are written for 4 adult servings, so please adjust the amounts as needed for your family. That’s a quick math lesson for your kids!
"But Erin, what if they mess up and the meal is a total flop?!"
They probably will. I can’t sugar coat that. But that’s just part of the process. I’d suggest a little supervision while they are working in the kitchen, and having a backup plan in case the meal is a total flop. :)
My hope is that will not happen, especially given how the videos will guide them through the cooking process!
"But Erin, what if my kids aren't the right age?!"
While I can't offer exact ages that Whis-Kid is appropriate for, I can say that just about anyoen can use these lessons with a bit of help from an adult.
With the help of an adult, these cooking lessons are suitable for children and teens for all ages. I feel that age appropriateness, level of adult assistance and supervision should be determined by you, the parent. You know your Whis-Kid best!
Also, don't let the KID in Whis-Kid cause your older kids to miss out on these kitchen adventures. These lessons are perfect for teens too.
For references, my boys in the video lessons range from 7-14 years old.
"But Erin, how do you know what you’re doing with a cooking curriculum?!"
First off, the recipes and content in this curriculum are very kid friendly in terms of enjoying the food, but also in terms of simple, basic cooking objectives. I have been teaching my own children to cook for years, using the same methodology and similar recipes.
AND - fun fact, I have an M.Ed. with a specialty in curriculum design.
Which means this kids cooking curriculum is kinda amazing and will help and bless you greatly!
If I missed your question, just hit the little chat guy in the lower right corner and ask away!